The RAC defeated The Athenaeum 3.5-2.5 at home in the Cup. The friendly boards were tied 1-1.
- Roger Emerson 0 v 1 Peter Lee
- Natasha Regan 1 v 0 Stephen Lowe
- Stephen Meyler ½ v ½ Russell Campbell
- Lee Green 0 v 1 Felix Oyens
- Fred Edge 1 v 0 David Shanklands
6. Wayne Clark 1 v 0 David Tayor
The RAC beat the combined East India and Oriental team 4.5 – 1.5 at home in the Cup. EIC/ORI won the two friendly boards.
- Roger Emerson ½ v ½ Sam Franklin
- Stephen Meyler 0 v 1 Yaroslav Voropayev
- Lee Green 1 v 0 Robert McClatchey
- Fred Edge 1 v 0 Edward Brown
- Trevor Dunmore 1 v 0 Colin Ferguson
- Robert Matthews 1 v 0 Callum Lee
Congratulations to the National Liberal Club on the success of their excellent initiative, holding the first recorded inter-club lightning chess tournament.
Congratulations also go to the winner of the Ming Vase – Richard Hughes of the RAC.
Ben Widdicombe of the NLC has written a thoroughly entertaining account of the event on the excellent National Liberal Club Chess website. For more information, please read Ben’s full report
The RAC beat the Oxford & Cambridge 5.5-2.5
Roehampton lost to the MCC 1.5-5.5
The National Liberal Club lost to The Reform 1.5-3.5
Athenaeum v Oxford & Cambridge 4-1
Hurlingham v RAC 6.5-4.5
Reform v MCC 2-6
The RAC won at home in the Cup against the National Liberal Club 5-0.
Trevor Dunmore 1 v 0 Nick Kirby
Robert Feather 1 v 0 Ben Widdicombe
Rob Matthews 1 v 0 Mehul Trivedi
Henry McWatters 1 v 0 Wolfgang Schady
Michael Stern 1 v 0 Nadim Osseir
MCC 5-0 Lansdowne
RAC 3-3 Roehampton
Lansdowne 0-4 National Liberal Club
O&C 4.5-1.5 Hurlingham
Reform 1-5 Athenaeum
Chelsea Arts Club 1-5 MCC
Photo below of dinner after the MCC v Lansdowne match
MCC v Lansdowne