The RAC hosted another successful speed chess tournament last night.
The evening ended in a three-way tie for first place between the RAC A team, the MCC A team, and the Chelsea Arts Club.
- Chelsea Arts Club, Marylebone Cricket Club (A), Royal Automobile Club (A) 10 points each
- Oxford & Cambridge (A) 7 ½ points
- Marylebone Cricket Club (B) Royal Automobile Club (B) 6 ½ points each
- Reform 5 ½ points
- Hurlingham 3 ½ points
- East India/Oriental/RAC Clubs 3 points
- Athenaeum 2 ½ points
- Royal Automobile Club (C) 1 ½ points
- Oxford & Cambridge (B) ½ point
The photo below features the winning captains from right to left Chris Waites (MCC), Mike Ratcliffe (Chelsea Arts), Stephen Meyler (RAC), and Chelsea Arts board 1 GM Julian Hodgson.
The photo below demonstrates the strength of the tournament’s competitors and the good spirit of the evening.Richard Black (CAC) and Roger Emerson (RAC) look on all smiles whilst GM Julian Hodgson (CAC) shakes hands with IM Nigel Povah (RAC).